CSA 2020 Annual Meeting
April 2-5, 2020
San Diego, CA
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
1404 Vacation Road
San Diego, CA 92109, US
CSA 2020 Annual Meeting: Call for Scientific Abstracts
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020 by 11:59PM PST
Submission Deadline Extended: Friday, January 27, 2020 by 11:59PM PST
Greetings from Sunny California!
We are excited to announce the Call for Scientific Abstracts for the CSA 2020 Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA.
The Scientific Abstract Presentations provide an excellent opportunity to share novel research and points of view with fellow peers. The goal is to create new information and effectively translate information into improved health care delivery for all our patients.
Abstract submissions will be considered for presentation during one of the following Moderated Poster Sessions:
- Friday, April 3, 2020 - Moderated Poster Session - 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Moderated Poster Session - 5:45 PM - 6:15 PM
Sixteen submissions will be chosen for Oral Presentation during one of the following sessions:
- Friday, April 3, 2020 - Oral Presentation Session - 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday, April 3, 2020 - Oral Presentation Session - 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Oral Presentation Session - 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Oral Presentation Session - 5:15 PM - 5:45 PM
The Annual Meeting’s Scientific Committee will review your abstract submission and will notify you by January 31, 2020 of its decision. If your abstract has been selected, the date and time of your presentation will also be announced.
Please see below for Abstract Guidelines.
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Charandip Sandhu, MD
Associate Scientific Committee Chair
John Brock-Utne, MD, PhD
Associate Scientific Committee Chair
Richard Applegate II, MD, FASA
Program Chair, CSA
CSA 2020 Annual Meeting Scientific Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract submission is open to all Practicing Physician Anesthesiologists, Anesthesiology Residents/Fellows, Medical Students, and Nurse Anesthetists.
- Please submit abstracts (no more than 250 words) electronically by Friday, January 27, 2020 11:59PM to: email@example.com.
See CSA Abstract Application (PDF).
- Scientific work is submitted with the understanding that it represents recent work performed primarily by the presenter. This does not preclude presentation in National or International meetings after January 1, 2020, or publication in press in a peer reviewed journal by June 2020.
- Topics should have a message pertaining to Ambulatory Anesthesia, Chronic and Cancer pain, Critical Care, Equipment, Monitoring and Engineering Technology, Geriatric Anesthesia, Obstetric Anesthesia, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia, Outcomes Research, Patient Safety, Pediatric Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain. Case reports are welcome.
- The Annual Meeting’s Scientific Committee will select 16 abstracts for oral presentations based upon their academic merit, clarity, method of presentation and originality.
- The oral presentations will be for 5 minutes with 2 minutes of time allotted for questions. All accepted PowerPoint Presentations will need to be submitted ahead of time for approval.
- Any conflicts of interest or relevant financial relationships need to be disclosed on the abstract submission application (see attached PDF).
- The top three abstracts will have their registration fee to the CSA 2021 Annual Meeting & Workshops provided complimentary (50% discount for 2nd place, 25% discount for 3rd place).
- PowerPoint suggested Format:
- Title and authors. Include all names and institutions.
- For a case report present the relevant facts and conclusions. Be mindful of HIPPA.
- For studies
- Introduction. Introduce the topic with an outline including background information and relevance describing how this project will add new information in the field.
- Methods. Describe the steps you used for your project.
- Results/Data Analysis. A brief description of the data, and what the results demonstrate.
- Conclusions. Summarize the main points.
- Future Directions. Briefly describe what will happen next for your project.
Download the CSA Abstract Presentation Application.
Exhibit at This Event!
Connect with 250+ physician anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, anesthesiologist assistants, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers!
We value exhibitors at our events and consider them an indispensable component of the cutting-edge science made available to our attendees.
CLICK HERE to download Exhibitor Prospectus.
Email Exhibits Manager, Nicole Agnone at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the Exhibitor Prospectus and more information.
For information on how CSA holds your information, please click here.