In the last CSAOF, Drs. Jane Moon and Ron Pearl introduced some of the celebratory events planned for this year’s 75th anniversary of CSA, including the 1st annual CSA President’s Impact Awards. This is an important new initiative developed by the CSA Membership Committee and other CSA leaders, and I am thrilled to provide a little more detail about these awards, which be presented at the CSA annual meeting in San Diego this April.
It will come as no surprise that I love being an anesthesiologist – a blog post of mine about this from a few years ago is probably the only thing I have written that people may have actually read! One unique aspect about our work as anesthesiologists is that it often takes place in the background. The important decisions we make, and the planning and anticipation involved, may make the difference between life and death for our patients, but they often go unnoticed. As I wrote in the KevinMD blog, “No one claps when the plane lands, just as no one expects any less than a perfect uncomplicated anesthetic every time.”
Doing our jobs without the need for attention or validation is one of the attributes about anesthesiologists that I love the most. We practice our specialized form of personalized medicine every day, drawing our own satisfaction from the positive outcomes of our patients, whether or not we get the credit. However, what we do makes a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families, our health systems, and our communities.
We see you!
During this Diamond Jubilee 75th Anniversary year, we are starting a new annual tradition of recognizing the incredible work performed by CSA members through the new CSA President’s Impact Awards, and you can help!
Using this form, nominate your colleagues and/or trainees in the following categories:
- Educator of the Year - for excellence in educating colleagues, trainees, other healthcare professionals, patients, or the community
- Physician Advocate of the Year - for outstanding leadership in legislative advocacy or practice management
- Clinical Innovator of the Year - for creative innovation that has led to improvements in clinical care, patient safety, healthcare processes, patient experience, or outcomes
- Rising Star - for an early career member (less than 3 years from completion of training) who has already demonstrated excellence and tremendous future career potential in one or more of the above categories: educator; physician advocate; or clinical innovation
- Resident/Fellow of the Year - for a current resident or fellow who has demonstrated excellence in one or more of the above categories: educator; physician advocate; or clinical innovation
Nominees must be CSA members, and nominations must be submitted using this form. Nominate your colleagues and trainees for the CSA President’s Impact Awards today!
The deadline for nominations is Monday, February 6th.