Why Join? CSA Membership: Your Investment, Your Return
CSA acts as the collective voice of physician anesthesiologists in California. We speak with authority to educate key audiences about the importance of physician-led anesthesia care and advocate on behalf of you and your patients for regulations, policies, and billing practices that are fair and sensible. Joining the CSA is an important step toward protecting the future of anesthesiology.
Your Membership Benefits Include:
Legislative, Regulatory, and Political Involvement to Protect Your Specialty
- CSA is represented by Sacramento’s top lobbying firm, which communicates regularly with key policymakers and opinion leaders about the importance of physician-led anesthesia care
- Monitoring of legislation and advocacy for and against bills in the California Legislature
- Exclusive access to ‘Under the Dome,’ a comprehensive legislative report, which provides up-to-date information on CSA priority legislation, as well as the most recent activities of CSA’s lobbying team, advocating on behalf of physician anesthesiologists and their patients
- Engagement in the regulatory process, including collaboration with the CA Department of Public Health
- Participation in statewide coalitions and partnership with key allies such as the California Medical Association to protect MICRA and other priorities of the House of Medicine
Helpful Legal and Professional Resources to Improve Your Practice
- 30 minutes of free legal advice with CSA Attorney Philip Goldberg, Esq.
- Mr. Goldberg’s clients include medical groups, health plans, medical professional liability insurers, professional associations, as well as other organizations involved in the provision of health care services
- A focus on providing members with timely and invaluable practice resource information
- A members-only repository including policy statements, model guidelines, information on practice management, public health, disaster preparedness, legal issues, and more
High-Quality Education Opportunities to Maintain Your ABA (®) Certification
- Conferences and educational meetings at premiere destinations throughout California and Hawaii, including Palm Springs, Napa, San Francisco, Maui, Kauai, and more
- Discounted registration rates for CSA members to CME meetings
- Multiple opportunities each year to receive CME and MOCA(®) credits
- Tracking of members’ hours, activities, and ABA (®) requirements
Grassroots Advocacy Training
- District communications and advocacy workshops that position CSA members as visible public voices on anesthesia and healthcare issues.
- Learn to interact, engage, educate, and influence policymakers on the issues that matter most to your practice and patients
Giving Back to Our Communities
- CSA partners with Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national nonprofit organization, to support biomedical sciences curriculum for California’s public schools
Supporting Anesthesia Residents: The Future of Our Specialty
- CSA’s Committee on Resident Engagement focuses on conducting advocacy workshops in Sacramento and practice management and career development content at CSA’s Annual Meeting exclusively geared toward residents
Publications and Communications
- Receive a free copy of CSA’s annual publication, Vital Times, which includes a collection of articles highlighting events of the past year and exclusive, original articles written by leaders in our specialty
- CSA Online First, a weekly blog covering a range of current issues in anesthesiology
- Quarterly newsletter to keep you informed on public health, practice management, and other breaking health care and anesthesia
- CSA has become a leading voice for anesthesia issues
- CSA leaders have been featured in NBC, Today Show, Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly, Sacramento Bee, Fox News, Modern Healthcare, KevinMD, MedPage Today, and Los Angeles Daily News
Local Networking Opportunities
- CSA is made up of 14 geographic districts that are led by district directors – your voice to the Board of Directors
- Districts also hold meetings and dinners throughout the year, so you can connect and learn from peers in your region
- Board of Directors and Delegate positions are available within the CSA and ASA governing bodies. Find your CSA District Director and Delegates here.
CSA Membership Types
|Early Career Membership||3 years for $99|
|Resident/Fellow Members||Dues are waived if active with the ASA|
|Retired Members||Dues are waived if requirements are met (10 years of active membership) and active with the ASA|
|Active Military ASA Members||Dues Waived|
In 2023, the CSA & ASA launched a joint Early Career Membership providing a discounted membership for anesthesiologist in their first three years of practice.
ASA and CSA have bundled our most sought-after education, networking, and informational resources into a three-year, zero-complication membership to help you address many of the time, cost, and professional challenges you’re likely to face in your early practice.